SurPhase SCAVENGE H2S and Odor Control
How Do They Work?
- SurPhase SCAVENGE products react with H2S to form non-hazardous, sulfur compounds (zinc sulfides) and mitigate the harmful effects of the dangerous gas. They can effectively remove H2S, even at very low levels.
- Unlike most conventional H2S scavengers, which are water soluble, the SurPhase SCAVENGE products are oil-soluble and thus are easily mixed into the oil stream and are effective in areas where other scavengers are not.
- The Surphase SCAVENGE products can be very effective in controlling deadly H2S in the vapor phase of transport vessels and storage tanks as well. They require no special equipment or costly capital expenditures.
SCAVENGE Applications – Oil & Gas
- Production / Drilling / Extraction – Prevents acute health and safety issues. Protects drill strings and equipment at the well site. Also useful in oil-based drilling muds.
- Storage tanks – Effectively reduces H2S in the vapor space of tanks and trailers
- Transport – Reduces safety and environmental issues during loading or discharge
- Refining – helps control H2S created in the refining process by degradation caused by catalysts or high temperatures.
SCAVENGE Applications – Asphalt / Bitumen
- Asphalt Production / Separation – mitigates H2S coming in from vacuum tube bottoms as well as the toxic gas being produced by high temperature processing.
- Storage – prevents buildup of H2S in vapor space from gas created by high storage temperatures
- Transport – controls levels of H2S created during heated transport, reducing safety and environmental issues.
Other SCAVENGE Applications
- Waste water – water-dispersible SCAVENGE 316 can be used to control dangerous H2S gas in sewer and waste treatment applications. Also very effective in removing mercaptans and other odor causing compounds.
- Metal working – controls hydrogen sulfide created in oil-based metalworking fluids
- Sugar Production – H2S gas is often formed in the processing of sugar beets. SCAVENGE 316 can be used to mitigate the toxic gas created in the anaerobic environment.
- works rapidly and efficiently
- Prevents environmental, safety and structural (corrosion) issues
- Very oil-soluble – mixes well into oil streams and asphalt
- Effective and stable at high temperatures (> 350F)
- Excellent “polishing aid” – removes last traces of H2S that other types of scavenging systems leave behind
- Flowable liquid – can be injected and metered, mixes rapidly
- Prevents formation of dangerous sulfur compounds in headspaces
- Adsorbs to surfaces to provide some “reserve” capacity of scavenging
You’re In Control
The SurPhase SCAVENGE line of products are a safe, effective family of patented zinc carboxylates designed to remove hydrogen sulfide, mercaptans and other sulfur compounds.
Would you like to learn more about what SurPhase SCAVENGE products can do for you?
Tell us about your project!